Spring Diving Checklist
Spring is here, and summer is on the way...
ARE YOU READY TO DIVE?
SPRING INTO ACTION and get ready for the new dive season with our pre-diving checklist:
- Check your dive gear – is it serviced? Are your hoses looking worn?
(Servicing is recommended every 12 months, even if you’ve only done a handful of dives. Salt is damaging to equipment, especially when it dries out and crystallizes)
- Does your wetsuit still fit? We all know that wetsuits shrink over winter...
- Can you find your dive torch, knife, slate, gloves, hood, safety sausage etc?
- Do you need to replace your dive gear bag? Are the zips seized?
- Is your spare parts kit up to date? Eg spare mask/strap, fin straps, mouthpiece, o-rings, etc.
- Do you have a diver’s toolkit?
- Have your night diving glowsticks expired? Consider the environmentally friendly option of a battery operated tank light.
- Can you find your logbook?
- Are your dive boots looking tired or are they smelly?
- Is your club membership up to date? We are introducing new benefits this season including discounts of boat dives!
- Are you Nitrox Certified? This season we will have 32% Nitrox on tap, which means you won’t need to have ‘Oxygen Clean’ scuba tanks to dive with Nitrox, plus a 32% fill will be much cheaper than before!!
Contact Underwater Sports Diving Centre today to make an enquiry, Shop 9/2 Visor Court, Holden Hill, Ph 08 8263 3337