Wrap up a gift they’ll never forget: The PADI Open Water Diver Course!
A dive course is a gift of adventure, a gift of new friendships, a gift of a healthy lifestyle, and a gift of a lifetime of fun.
Our entry level PADI Open Water group setting dive course is for participants who are fairly confident in swimming & snorkelling, who are medically fit, and who want a course in a non-private class environment where all equipment required is supplied with no extra costs. This course is not flexible, and participants must be available for all sessions of one our scheduled courses.
Our PADI Open Water Flexi Course is a flexible dive course for 2 or more friends who would like to choose their own dates.
Our PADI Private Open Water Dive Course is tailored to suit anyone who needs or prefers to set their own schedule, with 1-on-1 private scuba lessons. The participant will receive extra time with the Instructor, which may help them overcome any challenges faced during the course.
Minimum age is 14. For younger participants please contact Underwater Sports to discuss before purchasing (Ph 08 82633337).
Our entry level PADI Open Water Courses are taught by our experienced and professional team of PADI instructors and divemasters, with the added bonus of boat dives included at no extra cost (subject to scheduling & weather conditions).
What is Included in our PADI Open Water Diver Courses?
- ALL Necessary Dive Equipment Supplied for you to use during the course (No extra costs)
- Some people are more comfortable in their own personal equipment, so if you would like to purchase some of your own personal items you will receive club member discount* off the RRP of any equipment purchased while participating in the course (*discount is off RRP, no further discount on sale items)
- Genuine PADI Open Water Diver certification at the completion of all necessary course components and skills
- Experienced PADI Instructor and Divemaster Team to teach your course
- Small Classes, max 6 students
- Course Homework Materials – we prefer teaching with books, however e-learning is available on request if you prefer
- Classroom session (1 evening)
- 5-6 Hour Pool Session (1 Day)
- 2 Shore Dives (1 Day)
- 2 Boat* Dives (1 Day, *weather dependent)
- Course Options include:
- Non-flexible ‘group setting” course – participants must be available for all of the sessions in one of our regular Open Water Courses, all completed within 2 weeks (Thursday evening and 2 consecutive weekends).
- Flexi class – 2 or more friends can choose their own course dates for a small additional fee.
- Private class – 1-on-1 instruction, choose your own dates, private fee applies.
A typical “group setting” course schedule is as follows:
- Course enrolment, paperwork, and equipment fitting completed during our regular shop opening hours, completed prior to the first class session (approx 30 minutes required in-store)
- Homework – 10-12 hours – completed in your own time prior to the first class session.
- Class Review session Thursday evening, 5.45pm – 9.30pm (see calendar for available start dates)
- All day Saturday pool session
- All day Sunday (backup day – please keep available in case of inclement weather)
- All day Saturday sea session (2 shore dives)
- All day Sunday sea session (2 boat* dives)
*Boat dives are included at no extra cost, if weather and scheduling permits.
Participants must be medically fit to dive.
Refunds are not available if you change your mind.
Vouchers are valid for 3 years, however if our course price or package changes then additional fees may apply.
After you purchase this Learn to Dive Gift Card, we will email a gift voucher within 48 hours, so please let us know the name of the participant.