CONTINUE YOUR SCUBA ADVENTURE IN ADELAIDE
Become a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver with 5 Adventure Boat Dives, including 2 dives on the ex-HMAS Hobart, South Australia’s best dive site!
Pre-requisites: PADI Open Water or equivalent.
Once you’ve completed your Open Water Diver Certification, you can build your confidence and improve your dive skills with the PADI Advanced Open Water Course. You don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water course.
This course will help you become more comfortable in the water. It’s also a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving.
You’ll complete five Adventure Dives that introduce you to some of diving’s most rewarding and useful specialty activities. These skills make diving much more than underwater sightseeing.
From the PADI Adventures in Diving program, you will complete Underwater Navigation and the Deep Dive, plus 3 additional Adventure Dives to earn the Advanced Open Water Diver certification. Our course package includes a Night dive, Peak Performance Buoyancy dive and Wreck adventure dive. Plus all 5 dives will be boat dives (no more carrying your equipment to the end of a long jetty!)
With your Advanced Open Water rating, you are qualified to dive to 30m, allowing you to explore deeper sites including the lower levels of South Australia’s premiere wreck dive, the exHMAS Hobart.
The PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course package includes:
- The Adventures in Diving PADI course materials – yours to keep.
- Classroom knowledge development session.
- Adventure modules include Underwater Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy, Night Diver, Deep Diver, and Wreck Diver
- 5 Adventure Boat Dives: (including up to 2 dives on SA’s Premiere dive site the ex-HMAS Hobart!)
- Free Airfills & Free SCUBA Equipment Hire (BCD, Regs, Computer, Wetsuit, Tanks & Weights)
- Experienced Instructor and Dive Master team to assist in your course
- World recognised certification & eCard
- Small Classes Guaranteed (Max 6 students).
Not included in the cost of the course:
- Accommodation is available at “Paul’s Place”, (diver’s lodge at Normanville) for $50pp.
- Transport to and from the dive sites (car pools may be available by prior arrangement).
- Specialist equipment including underwater slate, torch & tank light, knife or safety cutter, and safety SMB
We will provide a compass for you to use for the navigation dive, but you will need your own torch for the night dive. A surface marker buoy must be carried by all boat divers. All Underwater Sports students receive discounts off RRP for equipment and accessories purchased before or during the course. Air is provided free for this course.
This PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course package is completed over 1 weekend*. If you are unable to complete the course in 1 weekend, a surcharge may apply to cover Instructor and Dive Master costs.
*All dives are subject to weather conditions & minimum numbers.
How it works:
The Advanced Open Water Weekend is run regularly at Rapid Bay/Second Valley with Wreck and Deep dives on the exHMAS Hobart.
A typical schedule is as follows:
- Thursday evening classroom session, collect equipment
- Saturday 3 boat dives departing from Wirrina Cove, diving at Rapid Bay or Second Valley, including Underwater Navigation, Peak Performance Buoyancy, and Night.
- Stay overnight at Paul’s Place ($50pp extra)
- Sunday: 2 boat dives departing from Wirrina Cove, diving on the exHMAS Hobart, including Deep Dive, and Wreck Dive.
Full payment is required in order to enrol in this course.