Pre-requisites: Rescue diver, minimum 40 logged dives to start, minimum 60 logged dives before qualifying, CPR training within 12 months (eg EFR), minimum age 18y.o., dive medical.
The Divemaster level is the first step into a professional diving career. Even if you don’t want to make diving your profession, being a divemaster allows you to generate some income from your diving. The Divemaster course will also appeal to divers who wish to learn more about dive theory, who want to really hone their skills, or who are looking for a personal challenge or achievement. During this course, you’ll work closely with an instructor or instructors who will help develop your leadership abilities by training you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers.
The course involves four components:
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions.
- Complete water skills and stamina exercises in confined and open water.
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities.
- An internship or series of practical training exercises.
Once qualified, Divemasters can:
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations.
- Assist PADI Instructors with students.
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours.
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers.
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs.
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers.
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences.
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
Course cost $1295
Does not include equipment hire.
Contact Underwater Sports Diving Centre today to book this course, Shop 9/2 Visor Court, Holden Hill – Ph 08 8263 3337