Pre-requisites: PADI Divemaster qualification, have been a diver for at least 6 months and have logged a varitey of dives including night, deep and navigation dives
The PADI Assistant Instructor course is the first part of the Instructor Development Course and most participants do these together, effectively going straight to Instructor level (after also completing the Instructor Examination). However, it is possible just to do the Assistant Instructor portion of the course. By becoming an Assistant Instructor you’ll not only gain additional experience as a PADI Professional but you’ll also start learning the PADI System of diver education. If you think you might want to go on to become an Instructor but are not quite ready, then Assistant Instructor is a great bridging step.
As well as performing all the tasks a Divemaster can, Assistant Instructors can also:
- Teach academic presentations under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Evaluate Open Water Diver surface skills under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Teach the PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Specialty course.
- Teach Project AWARE Specialty courses.
- Conduct PADI Discover Scuba experiences.
- Teach Emergency First Response after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
The Assistant instructor course includes:
- Knowledge development through self-study, quizzes, lectures and presentations.
- Confined water skill review and assessment, workshops and presentations.
- Open water workshops, rescue assessment and candidate presentations.
Contact Underwater Sports Diving Centre today to make an enquiry, Shop 9/2 Visor Court, Holden Hill – Ph 08 8263 3337